1/2 Photos of Lemon Yeast Cake from King Arthur
Bonnie G #2's Note:
A nice light cake to serve with all the fresh strawberries and raspberries that come with Spring Gardens. I've certainly guessed at serving size but it turns out a 10" cake
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 warm milk
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1Grease a 10" tube pan.
- 3Combine 3/4 cup flour, yeast, sugar and salt.
- 4Combine warm milk and melted butter, gradually add to flour mixture, mixing for 2 minutes.
- 5Add eggs, remaining 1 1/2 cups flour, and zest.
- 6Beat vigorously for 2 minutes.
- 7Spread dough evenly into pan.
- 8over, let rise for 1 hour.
- 9Towards the end of the cake's rising time, preheat oven to 375F.
- 11Combine sugar and water in saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- 12Simmer for about 10 minutes, until the syrup thickens.
- 13Add lemon juice and remove from heat.
- 14Bake cake for 22-25 minutes, until tester inserted into center comes out clean.
- 15Remove from oven.
- 16Brush half syrup over cake and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- 17Turn out onto a rack set over parchment or a pan.
- 18Brush remaining syrup over newly exposed bottom crust.
- 19Turn cake right side up onto plate and cool completely.
- 20Serve with whipped cream and berries.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Yeast Cake from King Arthur
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.6
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 131.1 mg
- Sodium 184.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 25.5 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: