Recipe by grandma2969
lemon custard at the bottom..sponge cup at the top..like to serve these with fresh fruit in season...always a hit at a BBQ
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 grated lemon, rind of
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- cream butter, add sugar, flour, salt, lemon juice and lemon rind --
- seperate the eggs, and add the well beaten egg yolks, which have been mixed with the milk -- lastly --
- beat egg whites till stiff --
- then add them to cake batter.
- pour into greased custard cups -- , set in a pan of water, coming about 1/4-1/2 up the side of custard cups.
- bake 45 minutes at 350* --
- this may be baked in a 2 quart dish also --
- there will be lemon custard at the bottom and sponge cake on the top --
- cool on wire rack --
- I fill the custard cups a little more than 1/2 full -- .