Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A friend told me she had been making a dish like this recently so I decided to give it a go. Very light and fresh - perfect for summer supper with a green salad.
- 6 cups cooked spaghetti
- 4 -5 minced garlic cloves
- 1 large lemon, juice and zest of
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil or 2 -3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf, torn
- 1 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese, use the real thing
- Cook spaghetti according to pkg directions.
- While pasta cooks, in a large frying pan, saute garlic in oil over low heat until golden.
- Drain cooked pasta and add to garlic and oil, increasing heat to medium, tossing until well coated.
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest and fresh basil and remove from heat. Toss until well mixed.
- Serve garnished with Parmesan cheese.
This is outstandingly simple and yet so full of flacour. I scaled it down for 2 servings. Perfect pasta dish, thanks for sharing.
VERY VERY TASTY! I didn't have lemon zest (used bottled lemon juice) but it was wonderful. I ate this alone as an entree for lunch. I will have to try it some time as a side dish and see what the family thinks of it. Thanks!
Very, very good pasta. Didn't change a thing. We especially loved it topped with Italian Style Shrimp With Lemon and Garlic #104705.