My husband and I love pasta and I came up with this dish after he suggested using shrimp and lemons we had on hand. Enjoy it with some good garlic bread and salad. I hope the measurements are right, this is just from memory. I hope you like it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled, deveined and tail off
- 8 ounces spaghetti noodles
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 lemons, juiced and zest of one
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 1Cook spaghetti noodles according to package instructions until al dente.
- 2While noodles are cooking mix together in a small bowl the corn starch and half and half; set aside.
- 3Next in a non stick skillet over medium heat saute the shrimp in EVOO until almost done add in garlic and red pepper flakes cook until garlic is fragrant, being careful not to burn it.
- 4Then add in the half and half mixture and bring to a simmer and cook until it begins to thicken stirring constantly with a whisk.
- 5When cream sauce has thickened add in 1 tbls butter, parsley and half of lemon zest. Simmer over low heat until shrimp are cooked through.
- 6Drain the spaghetti noodles and add in the remaining 1 tbls of butter and remaining lemon zest toss to prevent noodles from sticking together. Finally add in lemon juice of 2 lemons over noodles, toss and pour the shrimp cream sauce over the noodles to coat. Serves 2 - 4, depending on serving size.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Shrimp Spaghetti
Serving Size: 1 (335 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1099.3
- Calories from Fat 453
- Total Fat 50.3 g
- Saturated Fat 26.1 g
- Cholesterol 406.5 mg
- Sodium 1500.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 108.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 54.1 g