Zucchini and Shrimp Spaghetti
photo by Chef-slim
- Ready In:
- 4 green zucchini
- 1⁄2 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 16 ounces angel hair pasta
- 2 lbs baby shrimp
- Using a cheese grater shred zucchini and onion than mince garlic place all three in a non stick skillet with 1 tablespoon of butter to saute on medium heat for about 5 minutes until onion is transparent in appearance.
- Mix milk and cornstarch til disolved
- Add milk mixture to the zucchini cook until mixture comes to boil. Add parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Put sauce aside in pan to keep warm until noodles are cooked.
- Cook shrimp in boiling water for 1 minute - place in serving bowl.
- Drain noodles and toss with sauce. Serve immediately for best taste. Use shrimp to garnish on each plate.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Dietitian and Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach <br /><br />Trying to build menus to share with my patients and clients. <br /><br />Cooking for my family of seven - trying to find dishes that appeal to at least half of the family at a time - finding those rare items that we call keepers (apeals to all 7). <br /><br />I find that I have saved about $100 to 150 dollars per week planning menus weekly on recipezaar.</p>