Black Bean Spaghetti
Vegetarian Spaghetti....I use angel hair pasta, personal preference. I've served this using two cans of black beans, but I prefer the mix of cannellini and black beans, although the contrast is better with the black beans.
- Ready In:
- 1 (12 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) jar capers, undrained
- 1 onion, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 small red sweet bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 small yellow sweet bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup ripe olives, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain well. Set aside, and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, drain the capers, reserving 1 1/2 tbsp liquid. Set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, cook the onion and the next 3 ingredients in oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat, stirring constantly. Just as the veggies are getting tender, add the garlic, stirring constantly for 45 more seconds.
- Add the reserved capers and liquid, tomatoes, and next 6 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring the mixture occasionally.
- Remove the pasta to a serving platter. Spoon the tomato/veggie mix over the pasta. Sprinkle with cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION