Recipe by KelBel
This is a great, moist cake. Perfect as a base for strawberries or raspberries. Makes a square pan or 6 Texas Sized Muffins, perfect for a small family or couple.
Top Review by Shelby Jo
I made this into the muffins instead of the cake. It was alright. It just didn't do much for me. I made it because I had some ricotta left over from another recipe that I needed to use up. I had it plain, I didn't top it with anything, maybe some topping would have helped. Sorry!
- 1 (9 ounce) box yellow cake mix (jiffy)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour 9x9 or 6 jumbo muffin pan.
- Mix cake mix, egg and water together and pour into prepared pan.
- Mix ricotta,lemon and sugar until well blended with hand mixer.
- Place by spoonfuls on top of batter as close together and evenly as possible, or 2 tablespoons into each muffin.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Serve with berries or chocolate syrup.