Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great, moist cake. Perfect as a base for strawberries or raspberries. Makes a square pan or 6 Texas Sized Muffins, perfect for a small family or couple.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour 9x9 or 6 jumbo muffin pan.
- Mix cake mix, egg and water together and pour into prepared pan.
- Mix ricotta,lemon and sugar until well blended with hand mixer.
- Place by spoonfuls on top of batter as close together and evenly as possible, or 2 tablespoons into each muffin.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Serve with berries or chocolate syrup.
I made this into the muffins instead of the cake. It was alright. It just didn't do much for me. I made it because I had some ricotta left over from another recipe that I needed to use up. I had it plain, I didn't top it with anything, maybe some topping would have helped. Sorry!
Divine dessert!!! I love finding smaller recipes to cook for 1 or 2, and this one is going into regular rotation! I also used the Jiffy cake mix, it's always been a foavorite of ours. Served with strawberries and a dollop of whipped topping. MMMMMM!
A very nice cake, & easy to make, too! I followed the directions for the cake, & topped it off with sliced fresh strawberries AND a drizzle of chocolate fudge! A great recipe, & thanks for sharing!