Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a unique soup with a tremendous flavor. Try it once and you'll be hooked. Such subtle flavors, and so pretty in a bowl.
- 2 cups milk
- 6 egg yolks, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup long grain rice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley (fresh only)
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 cup butter
- 1 lemon, juice of
- salt and pepper (I fresh ground sea salt and pepper)
- Whisk milk and cornstarch together with beaten yolks.
- Set aside.
- Bring chicken broth to a boil and add rice.
- Cook, covered until the rice is fluffy and tender, about 25 minutes.
- Reduce heat to lowest setting, add milk mixture, stirring carefully.
- Stock will continue to cook and thicken.
- Add remaining ingredients.
There's something about the addition of lemon that makes everything seem right with the world. This is a lovely soup and my husband and I are a fan of your creation. Thank you for sharing.