This is my adopted recipe Feb 2005. These are absolutely delicious!!!!I changed the recipe a bit, I used 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract as suggested. I used 1/2 cup of sour cream and 1/2 cup skim milk instead of the half and half. I used 2 cups raspberries and decreased the sugar to 3/4 cup
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; mix well.
- In small bowl, combine half-and-half or sour cream and skim milk, oil, Lemon extract and eggs; blend well.
- Add to dry ingredients, stir until ingredients are just moistened.
- Carefully fold in raspberries.
- Fill prepared muffin cups 3/4ths full.
- Bake at 400 degrees F. 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes, remove from pans.
- HIGH ALTITUDE:
- Above 3500 feet, decrease baking powder to 2 teaspoonful.