Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This pudding cake is a very tasty treat
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon peel, grated
- 2 tablespoons sugar substitute
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄3 cup flour, sifted
- Beat egg yolks til creamy.
- Add lemon juice, milk, lemon peel, sugar substitute, salt and flour.
- Beat to blend thoroughly.
- Stiffly beat egg whites.
- Gently fold egg yolk mixture into egg whites.
- Pour mixture into 1 qt well greased baking dish.
- Set dish in pan and add 1/2 inch of water to the pan.
- Bake 350F 30 mins or til lightly browned and puffy.
- to MICROWAVE:.
- cook on defrost 15-17 minutes. Turn dish 1/4 turn every five minutes.
This was just okay. Not enough lemon flavor to suit me and not enough pudding to suit me either.
This was great! I made a double batch and I think that I forgot to double the Splenda, but my husband said he thought it tasted like lemon pie. The texture was like velvet and the pudding at the bottom was thick and rich. My father in law enjoyed it for his birthday. I did try the recipe from kittykat #2 for a frosting. What a great suggestion! Thank you both for the fabulous treat that was almost guilt free! PS I am going to try it again using orange zest and OJ, per DH's request.
I was looking for a diabetic cake recipe for my moms birthday, and I tried this one out at home a few weeks before the big day, It would have been excellent but the dummy that I am added the lemon juice twice! It was VERY tart! A note to nayone who else who makes this DO NOT ADD MORE LEMON!!! Whew! That said, it was delicious! Was it suppose to actually be kind of pudding-y at the bottom? Mine was, it also took almost 20 minutes longer to bake than instructed. :( What size pan was supposed to be used? Give this one a shot it was yummy! Oh, I also made a virtually sugarfree frosting! 1/4 block cream cheese beaten with 1 whole tub whipped cream. Whipped cream has virtually no sugar, but adds a little sweetness, and the cream cheese helps the consistancy and makes it creamier. :)