Strawberry Trifle (Diabetic)
photo by internetnut
- Ready In:
- Tear cake into bite size pieces and place in bottom of ungreased 9" x 13" pan.
- Dissolve gelatin in 1 cup boiling water- no cold water. Add strawberries and their juice to gelatin.
- Spoon evenly over cake pieces.
- Slice bananas on top and refrigerate while you prepare the pudding, which should be made with skim milk.
- Pour pudding over the bananas and top with lite whipped topping. Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours.
- Cut into squares to serve.
- Garnish with a slice of fresh strawberry, if available.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I gave this recipe 5 stars. I took this recipe to my family reunion. I only came home with a scoop-full. When I made this recipe I made a very minor changes. First I doubled the recipe. I used 1 regular size Angel Food cake, 2 boxes strawberry jello, 2 boxes of Walmart brand sugar free french vanilla pudding, 24oz frozen strawberries, 4 bananas, 8oz cool whip. Second I put it in a trifle dish. I first broke my cake up, poured the strawberry jello and strawberries over top. Let it set for 9 hours and scooped it in squares and layered in a casserole dish as instructed. It turned out beauitful and was yummy! I will ba making this again for sure! Thanks for posting! Christine