Creamy Baked Lemon Pudding Cake
The top turns to cake and the bottom part turns to lemon sauce!
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup half-and-half cream (or use full-fat milk)
- 1 tablespoon lemon lemon zest
- 1 lemon, juice of
- whipped cream
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a small casserole dish.
- In a large bowl combine flour and sugar, add in the softened butter; mix to completely combine.
- In a medium bowl beat the egg yolks and half and half milk until smooth.
- Stir in lemon zest and juice.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, then fold into the batter.
- Pour into baking dish and set the dish in a pan of hot water.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Serve topped with whipped cream.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
We did this with orange instead of lemon. This may be why it did not set right, but we followed the directions to spec otherwise. We had to finish the cooking in the microwave for about 5 minutes as it was not quite done even after 45 minutes. Once it was, it was very good, although if made again, we would half the sugar as it was extremely sweet! Overall, a nice dish.Reply
see 2 more