1/5 Photos of Lemon Pudding Cake
1 hr 10 mins
I love lemon pudding cake and this recipe is excellent! I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do. This recipe is from Gourmet Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Finely grate 1 Tbsp zest from lemons, then squeeze 1/4 cup+ 2 Tbsp juice.
- 3Whisk together flour, salt, and 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp sugar in a large bowl.
- 4Whisk together yolks, milk, zest and juice in a small bowl and add to flour mixture, whisking just until combined.
- 5Beat egg whites in another bowl with an electric mixer until they hold soft peaks.
- 6Beat in remaining 1/4 cup sugar, a little at a time, and continue to beat until whites hold stiff, glossy peaks.
- 7Whisk about 1/4 of whites into batter to lighten, then fold in remaining whites gently but thoroughly (batter will be thin).
- 8Pour into buttered 1 1/2 qt ceramic gratin or other shallow baking dish and bake in a hot water bath until puffed and golden, 45-50 minutes.
- 9Transfer to a rack.
- 10Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Pudding Cake
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.9
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 98.4 mg
- Sodium 156.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 32.6 g
- Protein 5.6 g