Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My DH loves this bread. So I'm posting for safe keeping
Make and share this Lemon Poppy Seed Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Pre heat oven 350.
- Spray 9x5x3" loaf pan with butter falvored spray (Pam).
- Stir together zest, lemon juice.
- Measure out 1 Tbsp put in a small bowl cover and refrigerate for icing.
- Set aside remaining mixture.
- Stir together in another bowl flour, sugar, and poppy seeds.
- Make a well in the center.
- Mix the pineapple juice, almond extract, egg, oil, into the lemon juice mixture.
- Mix well.
- Pour into the flour well.
- Stir until just combined.
- DO NOT OVER MIX! IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE SLIGHTLY LUMPY!
- Bake 40- 50 minutes or until cake tester or tooth pick comes out clean.
- Remove from pan.
- Cool on rack for at least 20 minutes before glazing.
- To make glaze whisk lemon juice mixture with 1/2 cup of confectioners sugar. Whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle over loaf.
- Slice and enjoy!