Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe uses lemon yogurt and has a fresh lemon glaze.
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 (6 ounce) container lemon low fat yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon, rind of
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- Heat oven to 400°.
- Grease bottoms only of 12 regular size muffin cups, or place paper baking cups in muffin cups.
- Beat milk, oil, yogurt and egg in large bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Bake 12-15 minutes.
- Top with lemon glaze while warm.
This is a keeper. The muffins were so tasty and easy to do. I love the blend of the flavors of lemon and poppy seeds.
I used almond milk and whole wheat flour, and I only had plain yogurt on hand- so i added half a lemon's worth of juice and a little honey. Also, splenda instead of sugar. I used a mini muffin tray and filled them right up to the top so they overflowed to create the must-have muffin-top. They were excellent!
These are excellent as written. Someone mentioned rubbery but that is possible if substitutes are made. Unfortunately did not have lemon yoghurt but used plain natural yoghurt. The lemon rind gave lots of flavor. Topped them with frozen lemonade while they were still very hot. Thanks for submitting.