Recipe by gloomybear
This is a good simple baking recipe for any fish. Good for summer cooking, This could also be grilled rather than baked.
Top Review by The Kissing Cook
Tremendous recipe!!! Made this with Mahi Mahi - followed directions to the "T". Seared it on the grill and finished it in the oven while the rest of the meal was finishing. I will definitely use this recipe over and over again!!! I think this might taste great with cilantro! I'll try that the next time.
- 1 whole lemon, juice of
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 10 ounces fresh mahi mahi
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey (maple syrup if not available)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 deg F.
- Heat butter in small skillet on medium heat.
- Add garlic and heat for 1 minute.
- Add honey, worcestershire and mustard, cook for an additional minute.
- Add lemon juice and allow to cool in refrigerator for 10 minutes, or until mixture is thick.
- Chop scallions and basil.
- Cut fish into 2oz portions.
- Pinch a piece of foil so that it has four raised edges to trap the sauce.
- Arrange fish on oiled/greased aluminum foil.
- Spread all of sauce mixture over top of each portion.
- Top sparingly with basil and scalions.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Roast in oven for 10-15 minutes, depending on thickness of fish (15 minutes per inch thickness for fully cooked), or until desired. If using Ahi, I prefer to cook for 10 minites to allow inside to remain raw.
- Pour excess baked sauce over fish.