1/1 Photo of Lemon Mousse
Light and fresh - perfect for Mother's Day or a spring brunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat eggs and sugar until pale, about 5 minutes.
- 2Beat butter into sugar mixture in a thin stream.
- 3Add lemon juice.
- 4Pour into top of double-boiler.
- 5Cook over moderate heat, whisking constantly, until mixture thickens, about 15 minutes. Add lemon zest (but not if you want a smooth custard).
- 6Transfer custard to a medium bowl, place piece of plastic wrap directly onto surface of custard to prevent skin from forming and refrigerate atleast two hours.
- 7Beat cream until soft peaks form.
- 8Fold into chilled custard.
- 9Serve in stemmed glasses, garnished with mint.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Mousse
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 610.1
- Calories from Fat 439
- Total Fat 48.8 g
- Saturated Fat 29.2 g
- Cholesterol 325.5 mg
- Sodium 197.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 34.7 g
- Protein 7.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: