Mousse Au Citron (Lemon Mousse)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A lovely, rich lemon mousse that your family will love!
- Ready In:
- 8 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 lemons, juice and zest
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Separate 4 eggs.
- In a 4–qt. saucepan, whisk together 4 yolks, and 1 cup sugar.
- Add salt and juice and zest; stir until smooth.
- Place saucepan over medium heat; cook, stirring, until mixture thickens to the consistency of loose pudding, about 10 minutes.
- Pour through a fine strainer into a large bowl, and chill.
- Whisk egg whites and remaining sugar in a bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Add to curd.
- Fold gently until combined. Set aside.
- Whisk cream and vanilla in a bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Add to the curd mixture. Fold until combined.
- Spoon mousse into serving cups.
- Chill before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION