Don't know where this recipe came from but my Great-grandmother used to make it!
Make and share this Lemon Jello Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Mix cake ingredients together for 4 minutes.
- Bake in metal non stick 9x13 inch pan @350 for 40 minutes.
- or,if using a glass baking dish bake @325 for 45 minutes.
- Poke holes all over the cake while hot.
- Mix together icing: powdered sugar and lemons (grated rind and juices).
- Pour this over the cake immediately, while it is still hot from the oven.
- Serve warm or cold.
Like the Vanden Brinks this is a handed-down recipe in our family, and it has remained a favorite over the years. We are all for making things easy and we are very satisfied using Duncan Hines Supreme Lemon Cake Mix, and we cook it at 350F for 25-30 minutes, using the toothpick caper. We frost it with juice and zest of one lemon, and 1 cup powdered sugar - more if needed. Puncture the cake many time and pour over cake. Place under broiler watching carefully until sugar melts and looks wet.
This is such a moist and flavorful cake. I loved the simplicity of it and it was so refreshing for the summertime. thank you for sharing with us.