Recipe by Duane and Ginger Vanden Brink
Don't know where this recipe came from but my Great-grandmother used to make it!
Top Review by carolgore3
My Mother made a Jello cake for my grandfather all she would do is us a box cake and bake it like the box said then when the cake was cooled she would make up a box of Jello and and then mother would get a wooden spoon she would use the handle and make holes all over the cake and then mother would pure the Jello in the holes and when it was dune mother would put it in the Fridge for 1 hour and it was realy good. hope someone makes this.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin (4 serving size package)
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cake ingredients together for 4 minutes.
- Bake in metal non stick 9x13 inch pan @350 for 40 minutes.
- or,if using a glass baking dish bake @325 for 45 minutes.
- Poke holes all over the cake while hot.
- Mix together icing: powdered sugar and lemons (grated rind and juices).
- Pour this over the cake immediately, while it is still hot from the oven.
- Serve warm or cold.