Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Don't know where this recipe came from but my Great-grandmother used to make it!
Make and share this Lemon Jello Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Mix cake ingredients together for 4 minutes.
- Bake in metal non stick 9x13 inch pan @350 for 40 minutes.
- or,if using a glass baking dish bake @325 for 45 minutes.
- Poke holes all over the cake while hot.
- Mix together icing: powdered sugar and lemons (grated rind and juices).
- Pour this over the cake immediately, while it is still hot from the oven.
- Serve warm or cold.
My Mother made a Jello cake for my grandfather all she would do is us a box cake and bake it like the box said then when the cake was cooled she would make up a box of Jello and and then mother would get a wooden spoon she would use the handle and make holes all over the cake and then mother would pure the Jello in the holes and when it was dune mother would put it in the Fridge for 1 hour and it was realy good. hope someone makes this.
Like the Vanden Brinks this is a handed-down recipe in our family, and it has remained a favorite over the years. We are all for making things easy and we are very satisfied using Duncan Hines Supreme Lemon Cake Mix, and we cook it at 350F for 25-30 minutes, using the toothpick caper. We frost it with juice and zest of one lemon, and 1 cup powdered sugar - more if needed. Puncture the cake many time and pour over cake. Place under broiler watching carefully until sugar melts and looks wet.