Top Review by The Bakery Mouse
I made this chicken a couple of nights ago, and was disappointed at how dry it was. I cooked it on High for 6 hours. Maybe I will try a shorter cooking time when I try it again.
- 3 -4 lbs roasting chickens
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 leaf thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse chicken well and pat dry; remove any excess fat
- Place onion in the cavity of the chicken and rub skin with butter (or margarine)
- Place in crock pot
- Squeeze the juice of the lemon over the chicken and sprinkle with remaining seasonings
- Cover and cook on LOW 10 hours (HIGH 6 hours).