From Slow Cookery. Use boneless veal shoulder or leg. Serve with pasta and nutmeg dusted baby carrots. If you have a newer model slow cooker, then the cooking time will be shorter (5-6 hours).
- 1 leek, thinly sliced (white and pale green parts only)
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs veal, trimmed of fat, cubed
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- In a 3 quart or larger slow cooker, combine leek, garlic, tarragon, lemon zest, thyme, white pepper and sage.
- Coat veal cubes with flour, then add to slow cooker.
- Pour in wine and lemon juice.
- Cover and cook on low until veal is very tender when pierced (7-8 hours).
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and cream. Blend into stew.
- Increase cooker to high. Cover and cook, stirring 2 to 3 times, until sauce is thickened (about 15 minutes).
- Season to taste with salt.
- Garnish with fresh tarragon and lemon slices.