1/1 Photo of Lemon Garlic Marinade for Chicken
Helen Ganim's Note:
I put this together when I was making some other Lebanese dishes, and I wanted chicken, but wasn't sure how I was going to make it. So this is what I came up with. One of the ingredients is Sumac- can find in middle eastern markets for sure. Its a dark red spice, that adds a lemony flavor. Its so very good. I like to make this chicken and serve it with Tabouli and Hummus. But I think it would be great with just about anything you choose to serve it with.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If chicken breasts are boneless and thick, I think they turn out better butterflied.
- 2Peel garlic and crush using a mortar/pestol with a little salt (makes crushing garlic easier) or buy garlic already crushed and place in a small bowl.
- 3Add lemon juice, olive oil, and sumac, and salt if you bought crushed garlic.
- 4Mix together.
- 5Place chicken in ziploc bag, add mixture from bowl. Make sure chicken is coated, seal bag and then place in refrigerator.
- 6I think it tastes best when marinated for at least 4 hours. But I 'm sure less is fine too.
- 7Grill chicken until done.
Browse Our Top Marinades and Rubs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Marinades and Rubs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Garlic Marinade for Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 500.8
- Calories from Fat 363
- Total Fat 40.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 674.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 30.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: