Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I put this together when I was making some other Lebanese dishes, and I wanted chicken, but wasn't sure how I was going to make it. So this is what I came up with. One of the ingredients is Sumac- can find in middle eastern markets for sure. Its a dark red spice, that adds a lemony flavor. Its so very good. I like to make this chicken and serve it with Tabouli and Hummus. But I think it would be great with just about anything you choose to serve it with.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 -3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 storage size ziploc bag
- If chicken breasts are boneless and thick, I think they turn out better butterflied.
- Peel garlic and crush using a mortar/pestol with a little salt (makes crushing garlic easier) or buy garlic already crushed and place in a small bowl.
- Add lemon juice, olive oil, and sumac, and salt if you bought crushed garlic.
- Mix together.
- Place chicken in ziploc bag, add mixture from bowl. Make sure chicken is coated, seal bag and then place in refrigerator.
- I think it tastes best when marinated for at least 4 hours. But I 'm sure less is fine too.
- Grill chicken until done.
Wonderful marinade that I left overnight on bone in chicken thigh and breast. I chopped my garlic very fine and squished it a little since my garlic press went to the trash. It was not too garlicy after sitting a long time however I did wipe off some of the garlic prior to putting under the broiler since that is what I was worried about. I served it on top of recipe#418082 with recipe#321168 & a cucumber yogurt mint "salad" as a sauce for the rice. It was a delicious meal. I may make this again.
GREAT MARINADE! I love the taste of lemon so used 3 generous tablespoons of it along with 5 large garlic cloves (love that stuff, too!) & had the breasts in the marinade for almost 8 hours! Made for some WONDERFULLY FLAVORFUL CHICKEN! A very nice keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Game]
This was so easy to put together and made a tasty dinner. I marinade it overnight using chicken thighs and it was perfect. Thank you for posting Helen Ganim