Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Kids love these.
- 200 g soften butter
- 100 g caster sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 lemon (grated for rind and 4 tbs of juice)
- 2 egg yolks
- 300 g all-purpose flour
- 50 g custard powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- almonds, for decoration
- cherries, for decoration
- Preheat oven at 180C/350°F.
- Sift flour, custard powder, and baking powder together.
- Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla essence, lemon rind, lemon juice, egg yolks and blend well.
- Fold in flour mixture, and mix till all ingredients form a soft dough.
- Fill into a piping bag with a 1 cm star nozzle.
- Pipe the dough on a cookie tray, 1 inch apart.
- Place a cherry or almond bit on top and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Very tasty cookies. Enjoyed the tart vs sweetness of these. Easy to prepare, thanks for sharing.