Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
A recipe from Quaker Oats in response to a recipe request
- 1 (4 ounce) package lemon pie filling mix
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup oleo
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups quaker harvest crunch cereal, original blend
- 1 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup coconut
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Filling: Combine pie filling mix, sugar, and 1/4 cup of water in a saucepan; blend in egg Add remaining water and cook according to directions on package.
- Stir in lemon juice and cool slightly.
- Crunch: Cream butter and brown sugar together.
- Toss cereal, coconut, flour and salt together.
- Add to butter/sugar mix and blend until crumbly.
- Press 1/3 of mixture into bottom of an ungreased 8" square pan.
- Spread lemon filling over bottom layer.
- Squeeze handfuls of crumble mixture together and break into large pieces over the surface of the filling to form chunky topping Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool slightly and serve.