2 hrs 25 mins
Smurfetta Chef #427781's Note:
I was trying to improve on a lemon pie recipe when I had the bright idea of adding cream cheese. Hey, it worked and this is the result. You can always use a traditional graham cracker crust but this vanilla wafer crust is really yummy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the crust
For the filling
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Line an 8" square baking pan with foil taking care to cover the lip of the pan.
- 3Crush the wafers and mix with flour and brown sugar. Cut in the margarine with a fork or pastry blender until you have coarse crumbs.
- 4Press into the bottom of your foil lined pan.
- 5Bake 15 minutes and cool.
- 6Combine cream cheese and sugar until well blended.
- 7Add eggs and flour and mix well. Add 1 T of the lemon zest, lemon juice and baking powder and blend.
- 8Pour mixture into cooled crust.
- 9Bake for 25 - 28 minutes until center is set.
- 10Cool, then refridgerate for 2 hours.
- 11Beforre serving, sprinkle with powdered sugar and remaining lemon zest.
- 12You will be able to lift the squares out of the baking dish by gently lifi=ting out the foil before you cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Cream Squares
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.1
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 42.0 mg
- Sodium 114.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 16.3 g
- Protein 2.7 g