Recipe by MarieRynr
Serve these delicious scones warm with plenty of cold butter and strawberry preserves for a tasty tea time treat!
Top Review by Boomette
I used the food processor to mix the dry ingredients with the butter. And then put the dough in a circle and cut in 8 pieces. Great taste and texture. Thanks Tasty Tidbits :) Made for all you can cook buffet
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- lemon juice, for brushing
Directions See How It's Made
- Prehaet the oven to 400*F.
- Mix the flour, 1/4 cup sugar, lemon zest, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender until crumbly.
- Mix the cream cheese and egg in a bowl until smooth. Add the milk gradually, stirring constantly. Stir into the flour mixture until the mixture forms a ball and leaves the side of the bowl.
- Drop by spoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with lemon juice and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove immediately from the baking sheet and serve warm.