Moist and Delicious with an Extreme Lemon Flavor!
Make and share this Lemon Cream Cheese Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 ounce) boxof duncan hines moist deluxe lemon supreme cake mix
- 1 cup chunky applesauce (I use Mott's)
- 1 extra large egg
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 2 (16 ounce) boxesof softened cream cheese
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract or 1 teaspoon lemon flavoring
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix 1st layer ingredients and pour into a greased or sprayed 9x13 cake pan and set aside.
- Next, mix 2nd layer ingredients and spoon gently over the 1st layer until its covered (this layer can be piped on using a icing bag, I find its easier than spreading).
- Last, using a butter knife, cut into the layers as if you were swirling it to mix it, so that some of the 2nd layer goes close to the bottom of the pan. (I make several "S" shaped strokes).
- Bake Brownies for 35 minutes and turn off the oven, but leave Brownies in the oven for 10 minutes more.
- Remove from the oven and let Brownies cool completely!
- Slice and enjoy.
- These Brownies can be refrigerated for up to a week.
- They are delicious cold and taste like Lemon Cheesecake!