Zesty Glazed Lemon Brownies
Posted on Facebook by Tracy Clark Davis
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2 eggs, large
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
For the tart lemon glaze
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8×8 inch baking dish with butter and set aside.
- Zest and juice two lemons and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixture fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the flour, sugar, salt, and softened butter until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, lemon zest, and lemon juice until combined.
- Pour it into the flour mixture and beat for 2 mins at medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into baking dish and bake for 23-25 mins, should turn golden around the edges.
- Allow to cool completely before glazing. Do not overbake, or the bars will dry.
- Filter the powdered sugar and whisk with lemon zest and juice.
- Spread 1/2 the glaze over the brownies with a rubber spatula and let glaze set.
- Spread second 1/2 the glaze over the bars, and let it set (not harden like most).
- Cut into bars and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These were amazing. I made the recipe as written. My husband does not have much of a sweet tooth, but he usually likes traditional lemon bars a lot, and we had a lot of lemons I needed to use up. He had seconds (which he never does with desserts), and said that these are definitely better than traditional lemon bars. So I think we have a new favorite lemon dessert. Thank you!Reply
these were easy to put together, and came out vey well, nice and lemony. I appreciated that they were from scratch and not from a box mmix. I doubled teh lemon juice, though. We like it a little bit tart, but also I was using Meyer lemon, which is sweeter...And we omitted the galze, as I am not a fan...Thanks a lot!1Reply