1/3 Photos of Lemon Cookies
I made these lemon cookies for my Christmas cookie tray this year. They are a light a delicate cookie with a texture a bit like shortbread. I cut them into various shapes, including people and made them a bit like 'lemon bread men'. The recipe originally came from the UK TV cook Rachel Allen. I originally posted this trying to convert from grams to ounces and it was too confusing. So, I have put it back to grams :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Put the flour and lemon zest into a mixing bowl and rub in the soft butter.
- 3Add the sugar and bring the whole mixture together to form a stiff dough. Don not add any water, however tempting.
- 4Roll out the dough to about 1/2 cm thickness and cut into shapes with a cookie cutter.
- 5Place carefully on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 6 to 10 minutes until they are a pale golden color.
- 6Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (378 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 147.8
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 19.5 mg
- Sodium 65.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of