Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
I made these lemon cookies for my Christmas cookie tray this year. They are a light a delicate cookie with a texture a bit like shortbread. I cut them into various shapes, including people and made them a bit like 'lemon bread men'. The recipe originally came from the UK TV cook Rachel Allen. I originally posted this trying to convert from grams to ounces and it was too confusing. So, I have put it back to grams :)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the flour and lemon zest into a mixing bowl and rub in the soft butter.
- Add the sugar and bring the whole mixture together to form a stiff dough. Don not add any water, however tempting.
- Roll out the dough to about 1/2 cm thickness and cut into shapes with a cookie cutter.
- Place carefully on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 6 to 10 minutes until they are a pale golden color.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.