1/4 Photos of Lemon Coconut Muffins
Adapted from Company's Coming - Mostly Muffins. The batter is a nice, fluffy, light batter. It scoops into the muffin cups easily. The final result is a touch crumbly but still tastes WONDERFUL. If you would like to, you can omit the oatmeal and increase the coconut by the 1/2 cup. That is how the original recipe was listed but I tried to make it a little lower in fat by decreasing the coconut.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml sweetened flaked coconut
- 118.29 ml quick oatmeal
- 19.71 ml baking powder
- 78.07 ml margarine (you could use softened butter)
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 1 large egg
- 29.58 ml lemon zest, finely grated
- 236.59 ml milk
- 44.37 ml sweetened flaked coconut (or more)
- 1Measure first 4 ingredients into small bowl. Stir. Set aside.
- 2Cream butter and sugar in large bowl. Add egg and lemon zest. Beat well.
- 3Add flour mixture in 3 parts, alternating with milk in 2 parts, stirring after each addition until just combined. Fill 12 greased muffin cups 3/4 full.
- 4Sprinkle with second amount of coconut. Bake in 375°F (190°C) oven for 18 to 20 minutes until wooden pick inserted in centre of muffin comes out clean.
- 5Glaze: Combine all 4 ingredients in small saucepan. Heat on medium until boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low. Heat and stir for 2-4 minutes until starting to thicken. Carefully spoon over hot muffins. (This makes a mess of your pan. It is SO worth it though.) Let stand in pan for 5 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Coconut Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.3
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 18.3 mg
- Sodium 181.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 23.4 g
- Protein 4.0 g