1/6 Photos of Lemon Chicken With White Wine and Parsley Easy
I love the combination of lemon and chicken, and you will too! Great served with sautéed spinach or roasted asparagus and basmati rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, for dredging
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, such as pinot grigio
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1Preheat oven to 200°F.
- 2Place chicken breasts side by side on a cutting board and lay a piece of plastic wrap over them. Pound the chicken breasts with a flat meat mallet or the bottom of a heavy saucepan to about 1/4-inch thick.
- 3Put flour in shallow platter and season with fair amount of salt and pepper. Mix with fork to distribute seasoning.
- 4In wide bowl, beat eggs with 3 tablespoons water to make an egg wash.
- 5Place oil in large skillet and heat over medium-high heat until hot.
- 6Dredge chicken in seasoned flour, and pat off excess. (Reserve flour.) Dip chicken in egg wash to coat completely, letting excess drip off. Add chicken to hot oil and fry about 2 minutes on each side, or until golden, turning once.
- 7Remove cutlets to a large platter (in a single layer) and place in oven to keep warm.
- 8Now toss the lemon slices into pan and cook for a minute or two, until fragrant.
- 9Add wine, stock and lemon juice, and simmer 5 minutes to reduce sauce slightly.
- 10Roll the pat of butter in the seasoned flour and add to skillet. This will help thicken sauce. Stir or whisk to emulsify and dissolve flour.
- 11Reduce heat to medium-low and return chicken to pan. Fish out lemon slices with tongs and place on top of chicken.
- 12Simmer the whole thing gently for about 2 minutes to heat chicken through.
- 13Season with salt and pepper and garnish with chopped parsley before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Chicken With White Wine and Parsley Easy
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.8
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 297.0 mg
- Sodium 238.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 38.6 g