Noodles & Co. Pasta Fresca
Pasta Fresca from Noodles & Co. Balsamic, white wine and roasted garlic-sautéed penne pasta with baby spinach, fresh tomato and red onion. Topped with parsley and parmesan or feta cheese
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups pre-cooked farfalle pasta
- 1⁄4 cup cubed roma tomato
- 1 tablespoon diced red onion
- 2 dashes kosher salt, and
- cracked pepper
- 1 ounce baby fresh spinach
- 1⁄4 cup fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sweet white wine
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a very hot sauté pan, add: extra virgin olive oil, pre-cooked farfalle (bow-tie pasta), roma tomatoes, diced red onions, kosher salt & cracked pepper.
- Sear noodles, stirring occasionally until steaming hot.
- Add: baby fresh spinach, 1 oz. fresca sauce.
- Toss to combine, serve with freshly shaved parmesan cheese.
- FRESCA SAUCE: (for 15 servings) 1/4 cup fresh garlic, 2 teaspoons kosher salt, 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup sweet white wine, 1 cup extra virgin olive oil.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Here's the recipe from Noodles And Company itself: http://noodlesworldkitchen.tumblr.com/post/157272910969/whole-grain-tuscan-fresca-recipe-for-the-home-chef And in case they take it down, here's the text! It's the mustard ya'll are missing in the sauce. That's what makes it slightly spicy. Ingredients for Sauce: ¼ cup balsamic vinaigrette ¾ cup olive oil 2 cloves garlic, chopped 2 tsp. mustard 2 Tb. Italian herb blend 2 tsp. salt Ingredients for dish: 1# of whole wheat pasta, cooked ½ cup white wine 10 oz. tomatoes, diced 10 oz. white mushrooms, sliced 1 small bag baby spinach 4 oz. parmesan or Feta cheese 1 bunch parsley, chopped Preparation: Blend all the ingredients for the sauce together and put aside. In a sauté pan heat tomatoes and mushrooms in olive oil for about 2 minutes or until softened. Add white wine to the pan and reduce till only ¼ the liquid is remaining Add sauce to pan and bring to a low simmer. Toss in cooked pasta and spinach to coat with sauce. Garnish with parmesan or feta cheese. Sprinkle parsley over top. Enjoy!
I love Noodles & Company's Pasta Fresca, but I agree with the others, it isn't the same as what they make. It still tastes good though! One thing I would warn about is the sauce that you add in the end. The recipe is set for 15 servings for the sauce no matter what you have set for the recipe. I made that mistake when making this for the first time.