Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
Looks like Gordon Ramsey isn't the only chef in the house!! Here is a recipe from Tana Ramsey's new cookbook - Home Made: Good Honest Food Made Easy... I found this in our local newspaper.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 sticks celery, diced to same size as the onion
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 (398 ml) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 (398 ml) can chicken stock
- 1 red fresh chili pepper, left whole
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (398 ml) can cannellini beans, drained through a sieve and then rinsed
- 1 (20 g) package fresh flat-leaf parsley, and
- fresh coriander, leaves roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- black pepper
- In a large enamel casserole dish with a tight-fitting lid, warm oil on medium heat and gently brown chicken pieces on all sides, skin side first. When they are a rich golden colour, remove and set aside.
- Add onion, carrots, and celery and fry in oil until just beginning to soften. Add garlic and stir for a further minute, then return chicken pieces to casserole.
- Pour in tomatoes and stock and bring to a boil. Pop whole chili and bay leaves into casserole and, using a spoon, push them under the surface of the liquid. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in cannellini beans, replace lid and cook for a further 20 minutes.
- When cooking time is up, stir in chopped parsley and coriander, lemon zest and lemon juice. Serve immediately in warmed flat bowls.