Chef mariajane's Note:
Looks like Gordon Ramsey isn't the only chef in the house!! Here is a recipe from Tana Ramsey's new cookbook - Home Made: Good Honest Food Made Easy... I found this in our local newspaper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 sticks celery, diced to same size as the onion
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 (398 ml) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 (398 ml) can chicken stock
- 1 red fresh chili pepper, left whole
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (398 ml) can cannellini beans, drained through a sieve and then rinsed
- 1 (20 g) package fresh flat-leaf parsley, and
- fresh coriander, leaves roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- black pepper
- 1In a large enamel casserole dish with a tight-fitting lid, warm oil on medium heat and gently brown chicken pieces on all sides, skin side first. When they are a rich golden colour, remove and set aside.
- 2Add onion, carrots, and celery and fry in oil until just beginning to soften. Add garlic and stir for a further minute, then return chicken pieces to casserole.
- 3Pour in tomatoes and stock and bring to a boil. Pop whole chili and bay leaves into casserole and, using a spoon, push them under the surface of the liquid. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Cover and reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in cannellini beans, replace lid and cook for a further 20 minutes.
- 5When cooking time is up, stir in chopped parsley and coriander, lemon zest and lemon juice. Serve immediately in warmed flat bowls.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Chicken Stew
Serving Size: 1 (585 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 603.1
- Calories from Fat 294
- Total Fat 32.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 141.1 mg
- Sodium 337.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 42.0 g