A quick, healthy meal and great tasting.
Make and share this Lemon Chicken and Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut up
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- In a skillet, cook chicken, onion, carrot, and garlic in butter for 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- In a bowl, combine cornstarch, broth, lemon juice, and salt (if desired) until smooth.
- Add to skillet; bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in rice and peas.
- Remove from heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.