Lemon Chicken and Rice Soup
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat, add oil and onion, cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add carrot and celery, cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, season to taste.
- Add 2 litres of water and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add rice and cook for 45 minutes, or until tender.
- Add chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes until cooked through.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the lemon juice into the eggs. Slowly add about a cup of the liquid from the hot soup to the egg mixture while whisking. Pour the egg mixture into the soup, while stirring until fully incorporated.
- Season further with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve, and garnish with chopped coriander.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!