Recipe by justcallmetoni
An adaptation of a recipe found on about.com. I just love fennel and always finding myself seeking new options featuring this distinct bit of heaven.
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast
- lemon pepper
- 14.79 ml olive oil, divided
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced and rinsed clean
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 177.44 ml chicken broth
- 44.37 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml sugar or 4.92 ml Splenda granular
- 236.59 ml grape tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly pound cutlets until they are of an even thickness. Season chicken with lemon pepper and salt to taste. Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in large skillet and add chicken. Saute on medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Turn and saute 4-5 minutes on second side, until no longer pink in center. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add remainin teaspoon of olive oil to the pan along with fennel and onion to skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for about 4-5 minutes. Add garlic and cook an additional minute. Add chicken broth, lemon juice, sugar and lemon peel and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5-8 minutes. Add chicken to pan and cotinue to cook for 3-4 minutes, For for last minute add grape tomatoes to heat through, until fennel and chicken are tender.
- Serve with pasta, rice or your favorite grain to soak up the sauce.