Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe was adopted from the RecipeZaar account. I've only added one word, to fix grammar. The original comments are as follows: Easy and low fat. Chicken breast are pounded thin and then stir-fried in fresh lemon juice, soy sauce and sesame oil.
- 1 cup white rice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, divided
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth, defatted
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 -4 drops sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 (10 ounce) bags fresh spinach
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cut chicken breasts crosswise into thirds.
- Place chicken between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and pound ¼ inch thick.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper; transfer to medium bowl.
- Toss with 1 tbsp cornstarch.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken until golden and cooked through, 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to serving platter.
- Stir remaining 2 tsp cornstarch and 2 tbsp soy sauce in a cup.
- Combine broth, lemon juice, lemon peel, sugar and sesame oil.
- Bring to a boil.
- Whisk in cornstarch mixture; boil 1 minute.
- Return chicken to skillet; simmer 1 minute.
- Transfer to serving platter and sprinkle with green onion; cover and keep warm.
- Wipe skillet clean.
- Heat remaining 1 tsp oil in skillet over high heat.
- Add ginger and garlic and cook just until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add water and the spinach in batches, turning to wilt.
- Add remaining 1 tsp soy sauce; cook 30 seconds more.
- Serve chicken with spinach and rice.
My whole family loved this chicken! The lemony taste was superb! I only made the chicken, not the spinach and rice, but I definately will make this again with them! Thanks for a refreshing new way to make chicken!!!!!