Recipe by Chef on the coast
There are a handful of Mr. Food's creations my family loves. This is one of them! I like making this in the summer. Lemon and cream cheese equal summertime for me.
Top Review by Chef Roly-Poly
I love just about anything with lemon and so does my wife as long as the lemon isn't overpowering. These were perfect for us. I didn't have a yellow cakemix in my pantry but I did have a white one with pudding. I can't wait to try it with a yellow mix. Thanks for posting !
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix with pudding
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the cake mix, 1 egg and the oil; mix until crumbly.
- Reserve 1 cup of the mixture.
- Lightly pat the remaining mixture into an ungreased 9x13 baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another medium-sized bowl, beat together the remaining egg, the cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice until light and smooth. Spread over the baked layer.
- Sprinkle with the reserved crumb mixture and bake for another 15 minutes, until light golden.
- Cool, then cut into squares.