1/1 Photo of Lemon Cake
1 hr 4 mins
Norahs Girl's Note:
A Nice lemony cake for Tea!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1Pre-heat oven to 180C degrees (375F degrees).
- 2Place butter and sugar in a bowl and beat until light and creamy.
- 3Add eggs and beat well.
- 4In a separate bowl, stir together yoghurt, lemon juice, rind, sifted flour and bicarb.
- 5Add to egg mixture and mix until well combined.
- 6Spoon mixture into a greased 23 cm cake tin and bake for 45 minutes or until cake is cooked when tested with a skewer.
- 9Place sugar, water, lemon juice and rind into a saucepan.
- 10Cook, stirring over a low heat until sugar has dissolved.
- 11Allow syrup to simmer for 4 minutes, then immediately pour syrup over cake while it is hot and still in the tin.
- 12Allow cake to stand for 5 minutes and serve with a dollop of Greek Yoghurt.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Cake
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.2
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 83.3 mg
- Sodium 475.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 33.7 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, rind of