Easy Lemon Cake
photo by Starrynews
- Ready In:
- Combine the gelatin and cake mix, mixing together well.
- Add oil, eggs, water, and lemon extract; mixing together.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Bake according to cake mix package directions.
- (You may choose to use a pan size other than 9x13).
For the frosting:
- Mix together the lemon juice and powdered sugar.
- After the cake has baked, but is still warm, ice with the frosting.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
When you think you heard of it all...well, ya didn't. Folks this cake was made with lemon gelatin, of all things. In the deep south it's pretty much the beginnings of spring and what better way to kick it off with this tantilizing little number with promises of what's to come. Every single member of my family gave this a 10*!