Sour Lemon Cake
A very simple coffee cake or cake for sweets. Extremely refreshing.
- Ready In:
- 125 g butter
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar (superfine)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-raising flour
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- Place butter, sugar and lemon rind in the bowl of an electric mixer, and beat until light and creamy, Add eggs to mixer and beat well.
- Fold flour, sour cream and lemon juice through mixture.
- Immediately place mixture in a greased and lined 20 cm (8 inch) square cake tin and bake in a preheated 350F (180C) oven for 40 minutes or until cake is cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Cut cake into wedges and serve warm with cream.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I too found this to be a dense cake and it didn't rise at all either. And I followed the recipe properly. But it was definitely a very moist and flavorful cake..nice and lemony. I had cut these into bars and they were good especially when they were warm. Thanks for sharing your recipe KitchenManiac.Reply
see 5 more