Recipe by C in PA
I made the Raspberry Rapsody Chocolate Streusel Cake (#94465) and this is my variation. Wonderful, really!!!! The perfect summertime cake.
Top Review by pat1297
This cake was a hit at an office party, It had great lemon flavor, blueberries made it moist and the streusel and icing make a beautiful presentation. It was easy to make and fast to make.
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 (510 g) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 cup water or 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups fresh blueberries or 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour a 13"x9" pan.
- For the streusel: In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients, and mix until crumbly.
- Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix berries and sugar.
- Set aside.
- For the cake: In a large bowl, combine all the cake ingredients, except the berries and sugar.
- Beat at low speed until moistened, beat for 2 minutes more at medium speed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Spread the berries over the batter.
- Sprinkle the streusel over the cake.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- Cool for 1 or more hours, or until completely cool.
- In small bowl, whisk all glaze ingredients together.
- Drizzle over cake.