Cook1 hr 10 mins
i got this out of cooking light a few years back. it is my oldest sons first choice for a birthday cake! i have made it in a regular loaf pan with good results. i also double the batch to freeze for later.enjoy!!!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light butter
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 3 cups flour, divided
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) carton lemon low fat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- beat 1rst 3 ingredients at medium speed till well blended (about 5 minutes).
- add eggs and egg white, 1 at a time, till each is well blended.
- save 2 tablespoons of flour and set aside.
- add remaining flour to batter with baking powder,soda, and salt.
- add yogurt and mix well.
- mix remaining flour with blueberries till coated.
- add blueberries and vanilla, mix by hand to incorporate berries without mashing.
- bake in a greased tube pan at 350 degrees for 70 miutes.
- cool for 10 minutes and remove from pan.
- in a small bowl mix lemon juice and powdered sugar till syrupy.
- drizzle over cake.
This was great. I did not do any of the fat-reducing techniques and I used dried blueberries. It did get pretty dark, so I recommend a lower oven shelf or a sheet of aluminum foil over it for at least 1/2 the cooking time. Doubled it, it made it two really chubby loaves (using the long and thin European style loaf-pans) and glazed it with the juice of two lemons mixed with 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup limoncello. I originally made it as a 'thank you' gift, but in the end decided it was too good to give away! LOL. I bought him a bottle of wine instead.
i was all out of yogurt so I used mayonaise, halfing the asked portions... that didnt change a thing on this cake,, was excellant. moist tender and OMG GOOD. Thank you so much for posting..
I made this for a family gathering. I used Greek yogurt, and lemon flavoring added about 1 tsp of orange rind. I used 4 eggs. I also put orange rind w/ powered sugar (1/2) bag and 2 ozs. Cream cheese into a nice frosting w/ almond milk. Killer! I used Pam on an Angel Food Cake Pan and sugared the bottom, sides and tube. Baked it for 70 min. Oven turned off left in for 15 extra min.