Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is out of an older issue of Southern Living.
- 4 cups fresh blackberries
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 25 vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked oats
- 1⁄2 cup firm packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- ice cream (optional) or whipped cream (optional)
- Place blackberried in a lightly greased 11 x 7 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar. Stir together cornstarch and lemon juice, stir into berries.
- Combine vanilla wafer crumbs and next 4 ingredients. Stir in butter till crumbly. Sprinkle over berries. bake 400 for 30 minutes till light brown. Serve with ice cream or whipped topping.
Excellent! I've made this a couple times now, and once replaced the vanilla wafers with breakfast cereal.