Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe that my mom gave me. She got it from a friend of the families. They are so great, perfect for any lemon lover.
- 4 eggs
- 1 (18 ounce) box lemon cake mix
- 1 (21 ounce) can lemon pie filling
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix first 3 ingredients together. Pour into a greased jellyroll pan. Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes.
- While bars are baking make the cream cheese frosting. Mix the frosting ingredients together. Frost the bars once they are completely cooled.
Not lemon bars like I'm used to, but definitely great bars for any lemon addict! Made & given, though I did add a teaspoon of lemon zest to the frosting! Definitely a winner in my book! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Stars recipe tag]
well I did some changes to this, I did not have any lemon cake so I used white, I also added in 1 cup of thawed Cool Whip to the frosting to make it softer and creamier, I look forward to making this again with lemon cake, thanks for sharing Shelby, my DS and DH loved it!
Yummo! I love this cake bar :) I thought the icing was unneeded so next time I make it, I will leave it off. I'm not sure what happened but I had to bake this for 30 mins before it was set. After 20 mins the entire center was still very raw. But 30 was perfect.