Recipe by Lauriann Mosillami
These are wonderful bars! This recipe comes from a coworker who is a fabulous cook Thanks Sue!
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces unsalted butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice, plus (about 2 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely grated lemons, zest of
- 1⁄2 baking powder, plus
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Filling: Beat the butter until it is light and fluffy, add the powdered sugar and beat again until fluffy.
- Add the flour and mix until well incorporated-but don't over beat it or you will make the dough tough.
- Press this into a 13 x 9 pan.
- Pat evenly.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until light or golden brown.
- Meanwhile make the filling.
- To beaten eggs add the sugar and mix well, stir in the lemon juice, flour lemon zest and baking powder and mix until well incorporated.
- Pour over the warm crust (I only let the crust cool about 5 minutes any longer and the dough starts to shrink from the sides of the pan and your filling will seep underneath) Bake 30-35 minutes.
- The center will not feel completely set-but that's okay-let cool completely than cut and dust with powdered sugar.
- They cut well after they have been refrigerated about 45 minutes.