Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A great recipe thats definately addictive
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, cut in small pieces
For the topping
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 grated lemon, rind of
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Grease a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Sift the sugar, flour, and salt into a bowl.
- With a pastry blender, cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the topping, whisk the eggs and sugar together until blended.
- Add the lemon rind and juice and mix well.
- lightly whip the cream and fold into the egg mixture.
- Pour over warm crust, return to the oven, and bake until set, about 40 minutes.
- Cool COMPLETELY before cutting into bars.
- Dust with confectioners sugar.