Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Just in time for summer. Got this recipe from Cuisine at Home--so yummy!
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, chilled
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 large lemons)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, finely grated
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line 8-inch square baking pan with tin foil.
- Toast almonds for crust in skillet over medium heat until lightly brown - about 3-5 minutes.
- Set aside 3 Tablespoons of toasted almonds to layer on top of crust.
- Chop the rest of toasted almonds to mix into crust.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, almond extract, salt and remaining chopped toasted almonds.
- Cut in butter with fork or knife until mixture is dry and crumbly.
- Press into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with reserved almonds and press into crust.
- Bake until edges are golden brown about 20-25 minutes.
- Combine sugar and flour for filling.
- Whisk in eggs.
- Add lemon juice and zest.
- Pour over warm crust.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- Return to oven and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Remove from pan by lifting foil.
- Dust with more powdered sugar.
- Cut into squares.
- Garnish with twist of lemon slice and mint sprigs. (optional).