1/2 Photos of Lemon Balm Cake
1 hr 20 mins
An old Finnish recipe that produces a delicate, slightly crumbly cake with a lovely, mild lemon flavour. This is the original recipe - I sometimes add 1/2 ts of lemon extract and 1 ts of vanilla for deeper flavour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 165 C; grease and flour a 1 1/2 litre cake pan.
- 2Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 3Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 4Add lemon juice, stir to combine.
- 5In another bowl, combine all-purpose flour, potato starch and baking powder; sift the flour mixture onto the butter mixture, stir to combine.
- 6Add chopped lemon balm, stir to combine.
- 7Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes, or until the cake tests done.
- 8Let the cake cool in the pan for a while; after inverting the cake, rinse the cake pan, dry it and place back on the cake. Allow the covered cake to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Balm Cake
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.4
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 115.0 mg
- Sodium 178.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 21.3 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: