Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I can't remember where I got this recipe from but it sure is delicious!
- 2 tablespoons linseeds
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup low-fat soymilk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Lightly oil a loaf pan and set aside.
- Grind the linseeds to a powder in a dry blender. Add the water and blend until thick - about 30 seconds.
- In a large bowl combine the sugar, soy milk, corn oil and lemon juice and zest. Blend in the linseed mixture and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet until just combined. Fold in the sunflower seeds and sesame seeds, then transfer to the prepared pan. Bake for about 1 hour or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- This bread freezes well in individual slices.